This 5 star – 1 Skillet- 30 minute Bistro Shrimp Pasta Recipe is Budget Friendly, Time Friendly and Clean up Friendly. Bistro Shrimp Pasta is healthy and delicious ! Made with just a bit of Olive Oil, Chicken Broth, Shrimp, Asparagus, Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, Onion, Oregano and Basil. Everyone in the family, even the picky eaters, are going to love it!
Bistro Shrimp Pasta Recipe
How I came across this lil gem!
It was about 22 years ago that we discovered this yummy recipe while standing in line at the grocery store. It was one of those little cook booklets that manufacturers put out with recipes to promote their products. I was flipping through it awaiting my turn to check out, ( great way to advertise right?) when I saw this yummy recipe. I usually only find one recipe per booklet that I really want but since cell phones back then did not have cameras, I had to shell out the (probably only $3.99) moolah to buy it. It was so worth it!
I’d love to give props…….
This little booklet was put out by an Olive Oil Company of which brand I have long forgotten. I have made this recipe so many times that it is now burnished into memory.
With the onset of warm weather and the kiddos out of school, i thought it would be a great time to share it with you.
The First Ingredient…..
The first and most important Ingredient of any great recipe, as I always say, is a glass of good wine……for the cook! I love to serve Cupcake Vineyards Chardonnay or Barefoot Vineyards Chardonnay , well chilled, with this.
- 3 Tbsp. Good Olive Oil
- 1 Med. Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked curly rotelle corkscrew pasta
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Asparagus Tips
- one LB. raw medium Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¾ cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted Ripe Olives
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1tsp. dried Basil Leaves
- Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Grated Parmesan
- optional; Fresh Basil Leaves to top off serving
- In large skillet heat olive oil over med high heat.
- add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until onion is softened but not browned
- add pasta; stir to coat pasta with olive oil.
- Increase heat to high; pour in Chicken Broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium- high. Cook, stirring occasionally, 12-14 minutes or until al dente' (tender but firm).
- Add Asparagus. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes or until Asparagus is tender crisp.
- Add Shrimp, Oregano, Basil. Cook, stirring frequently until liquid is almost completely absorbed and Shrimp are opaque (do not overcook Shrimp).
- Stir in Tomatoes and Olives just to warm.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve on plate or in bowl topped with Parmesan and torn pieces of fresh Basil Leaves.
I would love it if you would Pin / Share this Recipe !
I love to serve my 5 Star- 1 Skillet – 30 Minute Bistro Shrimp Pasta Recipe with a great Garlic Bread. Salad is unnecessary with all the lovely fresh veggies in this. I would love to know if you try it, how you like it. Share you review in comments for everyone to benefit!